Step 5 - Implement the Action Plan
Once the school district's energy management action plan has been developed, the school district energy manager and energy team must take pro-active measures to implement the plan based on the district's energy performance goal and objectives outlined in the plan. Successful implementation of the energy management action plan includes five key components.
- COMMUNICATE the newly developed action plan to key stakeholders.
- RAISE AWARENESS about the plan through demonstrations of cost and energy savings realized from best energy management practices.
- BUILD CAPACITY of KNOWLEDGE about the plan throughout the school district with training and use of resources provided by KEEPS and other organizations.
- MOTIVATE the district to follow the action plan.
- TRACK and MONITOR how the district is meeting its energy performance goal through objectives defined in the action plan.
Step Five KEEPS Energy Management Toolkits
The KEEPS Energy Management Toolkits are self-guided training modules that provide information and resources about the components of the seven-step energy management process. The toolkit for Step 5 - Implement the Action Plan includes a presentation, which explains this portion of the energy management process, as well as the KEEPS Energy Report Card and KEEPS Energy Checklist energy assessment tools, both of which can be used to facilitate action plan implementation.
KEEPS Toolkit 5 Materials
- Main Presentation [PPT, 388 KB]
- KEEPS Energy Report Card [XL, 294 KB]
- KEEPS Energy Checklist [XL, 82 KB]
NOTE: The downloadable materials on this page are saved with Microsoft Office version 2007 software. The Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack is a free download for those who have versions older than 2007 (XP and 2003 versions). Be sure to read the Overview and System Requirements before you download the Compatibility Pack.