Commit to Continual Improvement
To establish an effective comprehensive energy management program, organizations need to make a commitment to continual improvement by:
Organizations that realize significant savings from energy management continually strive to improve their energy performance. Success is related to routinely assessing energy performance along with implementing steps to increase energy efficiency. Commitment to an energy management program is an essential component for achieving continual improvement that results in successful energy management outcomes.
Refer to the Energy Star Guidelines for Energy Management Overview for Step One: Make the Commitment for more information.
Step One Resources
The following resources were developed and/or compiled by KPPC engineers and sustainability specialists.
- Sample Policies:
- Akebono Brake Corporation Environmental Policy [PDF]
- Energy Star Sample Energy Policy
- Sample Corporate Energy Policy
- Policy Language Guide [PDF]
- Partnering with Energy Star is a commitment to your employees and customers, as well as to the environment.