NEW ! is a listing of types and numbers of Criminal Justice Positions in Metro Louisville and surrounding area. This listing is just for INFORMATIONAL purposes only and does not mean the agency is currently hiring. If interested in a position, contact the specific agency for info on openings and to make application.
Here are links to various Federal, State & Local criminal justice-related agencies:
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
Informational Session via Zoom
Ocean City, MD Police Department – Summer Employment 2022
Please forward to your students and share with your peers.
If you’re interested in attending one of the informational sessions via zoom, please send an email to email@example.com with your name, email address, telephone number, and which zoom session date you wish to attend.
Zoom Sessions Dates:
November 3, 2021 – 2:00PM
December 1, 2021 – 4:00PM
January 5, 2022 – 7:00PM
Each Summer, the Ocean City, MD Police Department hires approximately 150 seasonal employees to assist with the busy Summer Resort.
Each of these positions are paid and can count as internship credits through your university if approved. We will even proctor final exams for the students with professor approval.
We have both sworn police officers and civilian positions (Public Safety Aide and Communications).
OCPD will be testing this Fall and Winter of 2022 on the following weekends:
- October 16/17, 2021
- November 20/21, 2021
- December 18/19, 2021
- January 8/9, 2022
- January 29/30, 2022
- February 19/20, 2022 (Read Below Concerning This Date)
(It is recommended that applicants test as early as possible. This will ensure that there is plenty of time to complete the background process, as well as find affordable housing.)
If you'd like to attend one of our Testing Sessions, you will need the following:
- Completed Application (located on our Website)
- Valid Driver's License
- Signed Physician's Waiver (Police Officer Applicants Only)
For additional information:
Additional information about the available positions and testing is attached.
- REACH still has two Academic Coaching positions available! https://reach.louisville.edu/employment/#PAC
- NOW HIRING SECURITY OFFICERSMall St. Matthews and Andy Frain Services are seeking qualified candidates to serve as Public Safety Officers. In this role, you will be responsible for patrolling the premises of the mall on foot, in vehicle, or via CCTV, reporting all irregular or suspicious activity, maintaining a working relationship with local Police, Fire, and EMS, and making contact with those in need of assistance. In doing so, you will be helping protect the mall’s property, tenants, and patrons.No experience is required. This is a great opportunity for college students to serve as a stepping stone into law enforcement, or for anyone who wants to get their foot in the door with a private security company.To qualify for this position, you will need to pass an oral drug screening and a background check.Base Pay: $12.25/hrAPPLY AT THE LINK BELOW:
The Connecticut State Troopers are accepting applications for State Police Trooper Trainees, with Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection (DESPP), located at all 11 troops in the state of Connecticut. Accepting applications through October 26, 2021:Apply directly through JobAps at the link below: https://www.jobapscloud.com/CT/sup/bulpreview.asp?R1=210827&R2=7961SP&R3=001
Louisville FBI recruiting more women and minorities, no law enforcement experience required... read the article at https://www.wdrb.com/news/louisville-fbi-recruiting-more-women-and-minorities-no-law-enforcement-experience-required/article_d864db60-fef9-11eb-b400-47a7b0bbc43e.html.
- Dismas Charities: Counselor Job in Louisville, KY at Dismas Charities (ziprecruiter.com) Posted 8/4/21
- If you are searching for employment in criminal justice you can visit the federal website athttps://www.usajobs.gov/or our website for job informationhttps://louisville.edu/justice/Student-Information/state-and-local-agencies. Posted 1/12/2021
- The MARTA Police Department in Atlanta, Georgia is seeking to employ officers from a wide variety of backgrounds, education and socioeconomic backgrounds. If interested please visit their website at www.itsmarta.com. - Posted 8/14/20
Semper Blue Professional Services is currently seeking a Security/Guest Service Supervisor in Louisville, KY at our 4th Street Live! location. Job Description and how to apply.(PDF)
University of Louisville Parking Job Opportunities for Fall/Spring Semesters- Contact university Parking -Hours (only during Spring and Fall semesters): Monday-Friday (4:00pm-8:00pm) Wage: $8.25/hour
- Justice Cabinet - Department of Corrections updated positions available to web site, which can be accessed at Position Listing . available.
- Dept for Community-Based Services -The mission of the Department for Community Based Services is to build an effective and efficient system of care with Kentucky's citizens and communities: New jobs are posted each day and can be viewed at https://careers.ky.gov. View current info (pdf)
Gilt - Asset Protection Investigator - The overall purpose of this position is to investigate potential losses to the company, ensure adherence
to physical security controls of the facility, and enforce Safety Standards . 10/3
- Cardinal Scholars is a service that connects tutors with elementary, middle school, high school, and college students seeking help. Tutoring sessions can take place at the student’s home, at a nearby library, on the tutor’s campus, or even via Skype. We connect tutors all over the country with students in their area for in-person tutoring—as well as online sessions—so you can tutor in your hometown during breaks and in your college town during the school year! To learn more, please visit cardinalscholars.com/about and check out our FAQ’s for tutors.
- National JOB SEARCH for Careers in Policing * International Association of Chiefs of Police initiative for recruiting highly qualified, service-oriented candidates