Information Technology supports and enhances the learning, teaching, research and service goals of the University of Louisville through effective, customer-focused technology resources.
Our goal of providing technical and operational excellence generates solutions that are innovative, reliable and secure as we keep pace with the university’s need for advancing technology. The responsibility of enterprise-wide, flexible and adaptive information technology services and support is met with a commitment to professionalism and continuous improvement. We strive to deliver efficient, strategic technology results for UofL and its extended community by integrating ITIL, a set of best practices for IT Service Management, with services of demonstrated value.
Information Technology is comprised of 135 employees working in five teams: Research Computing and Communications, Digital Media Production, IT Infrastructure, Technology Support Services and VPIT Support.
- IT maintains, secures and supports the cyberinfrastructure and digital storage resources for the UofL community.
- IT enables and manages the wired and wireless data and voice networks at UofL.
- IT delivers and supports the computing and networked environments for learning, teaching and research for UofL.
- IT maintains and improves the operational, administrative and learning technology applications throughout UofL.
- IT provides high-quality technology services and processes for continued success at UofL.