Off Campus Student Services
Commuter and Transfer Student Initiatives
As a commuter and/or transfer student, your experience at the University of Louisville is unique. We are here to be a resource for you along the way!
Services for commuting students at University of Louisville
What is Off Campus Student Services (OCSS)?
Supported by the Office of Student Involvement, Off Campus Student Services advocates for all students who do not reside on campus at the University of Louisville. Whether you are living at The Clubhouse, in Old Louisville, or commuting from Oldham County you need to know what is happening and how to to get the most out of living in Louisville.
Off Campus Housing
Many UofL students live off campus by personal choice. They have found that Louisville is a great place to live and there is plenty of housing for all lifestyles. Roommate choices, tenant rights, neighborhoods, and safety are all considerations while searching for your independent home.
- EngageUofL is a great way to find out how to get involved on campus. There are specific groups set up related to academic interests to help with finding study groups, etc.
- Donuts and Coffee are provided every Tuesday in the Red Barn to help you meet others like yourself. It is intended for any students who lives off campus, not just commuters.
Ideas for making your way to and from UofL less stressful for you and for the environment:
- ride your bike
- Ride the entire TARC bus system FREE any time – just swipe your UofL ID as you board
- learn about carpooling
- Use Cardinal Directions for free carpool-matching and to compare all your commute options
Our facilities offer several conveniences to help with making the off campus student at home on campus.
- Lockers are available in the Student Activities Center for both semester and daily use.
- The Student Recreation Center is the home to Intramural and Recreational Sports on the Belknap campus and has reservable meeting rooms.
- Plus there is a fitness center on the Health Sciences Campus.
- The Belknap locations have restaurants that take Flex Dollars and offer a wide variety of choices.
Places to Hang Out
There are numerous great places to hang out on campus:
- SAC Cafeteria seating area open until the SAC closes each night for study groups and meetings - no reservations required
- Off Campus Student Lounge with Refrigerator and Microwave 2nd Floor SAC West near Multipurpose Room
- SAC East side Starbucks
- Davidson Hall Room 105 lounge
- Ekstrom Library has great study space and a Starbucks
- Student Recreation Center
Your Cardinal Cash account can be used at the following locations on-campus:
Cardinal Card Office (to pay replacement card fees)
University Campus Store (books and more)
Select vending machines
University Career Center
Other Resources and Services
For additional information contact the Office of Student Involvement at 852-6691 or firstname.lastname@example.org.