Student Involvement designed a leadership program with the developmental needs and busy schedules of students in mind. Inspired by the leadership authors, Kouzes and Posner’s book titled, A Leader's Legacy, this program is for students interested in enhancing their leadership skills and competencies. Students that successfully complete the leadership program will:
- Participate in a program orientation
- (In-person option) Attend (5) A Leader's LEGACY workshops and submit reflections on each in Engage; (online option) Watch (5) YouTube videos and submit reflections on each in Engage; or any combination of both options
- Submit SMART goals via Engage
- Complete a CliftonStrengths for Students assessment
- Attend a coaching session
Students that successfully complete the certification program will be recognized at the annual Celebration of Student Leadership and Service held in April and will automatically be honored as a Profile in Leadership. Register for the LEGACY certification program.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How much time will I need to commit?
In-person workshops are approximately 45 minutes in length. YouTube videos are typically 15-30 minutes in length. Corresponding reflections to each activity will vary depending on the student.
What are the program benefits for participation?
- Become more self-aware
- Enhance your leadership skills
- Improve the sustainability of your organization
- Connect your organization to a multitude of resources
Is there anything I need to do in advance of the in-person workshops?
Please RSVP for the workshops you plan to attend and then just show up prepared to learn and grow. (Please note, in-person workshops are typically only offered in the fall semester.)
For more information, contact Kathy Meyer at email@example.com or (502) 852-6702.