Student Involvement designed a leadership program with the developmental needs and busy schedules of students in mind. Inspired by the leadership authors, Kouzes and Posner’s book titled, A Leader's Legacy, this program is for students interested in enhancing their leadership skills and competencies. Students that successfully complete the leadership program will:
- Participate in a program orientation
- Watch (5) YouTube videos and submit reflections on each in Engage; or any combination of both options
- Submit goals via Engage
- Complete a CliftonStrengths for Students assessment
- Participate in a coaching session
Students that successfully complete the certification program will be recognized at the annual Celebration of Student Leadership and Service held in April and will automatically be honored as a Profile in Leadership. Register for the LEGACY certification program.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How much time will I need to commit?
YouTube videos are typically 15-30 minutes in length. Corresponding reflections to each activity will vary depending on the student.
What are the program benefits for participation?
- Become more self-aware
- Enhance your leadership skills
- Improve the sustainability of your organization
- Connect your organization to a multitude of resources
There are various ways to participate:
- Complete only as many pieces of the program that interest you.
- Complete the program in 1 – 2 semesters.
- Complete the program over more than 2 semesters.
- Participate in an Engage Lead Serve Board, Student Activities Board or Student Organization Advisory Board committee while completing the program.
- Complete the program and then level up to C2L (Collaborator to Leader) Program. (not required to serve on a committee, but encouraged).
For more information, contact Kathy Meyer at email@example.com or (502) 852-6691.