Association of Humanities Academics
(left to right) Darrell Johnson, Kate Lafferty, Simona Bertacco, Julie Wade, Treva Hodges, and Erin O’Reilly
AHA is a graduate-student-led organization with open membership to all current Humanities Master’s and Doctoral students and alumni. Led by the AHA Council, AHA plans and runs fun, community-building, and professionalizing events, such as monthly happy hours, research presentations, workshops, guest speakers, and other collaborations. AHA is the governing body for the Annette Allen Awards in Mentorship and Interdisciplinary Creativity, founded in 2021.
What We Do
- Promote consistent student-wide dialogue about the Humanities graduate student experience
- Create opportunities for involvement and advancement in the Humanities
- Provide a student organization that represents the interests of Humanities graduate students
- Promote the advancement of interdisciplinary studies
- Promote opportunities for professional development
- Hold recreational events for graduate students to network
- Foster and maintain relationships with Humanities alumni
Robert Eric Shoemaker
Follow us on Facebook.