Association of Humanities Academics
(left to right) Darrell Johnson, Kate Lafferty, Simona Bertacco, Julie Wade, Treva Hodges, and Erin O’Reilly
AHA is a graduate-student-led organization with open membership to all current Humanities Master’s and Doctoral students and alumni. Led by the AHA Council, AHA plans and runs community-building and professionalizing events such as monthly happy hours, graduate student research presentations, workshops, guest speaker visits, and other collaborative events. AHA also directs the Dr. Annette Allen Award for Excellence in Mentorship, an annual award founded in 2021 that recognizes outstanding mentorship of a faculty member or alumni affiliated with the Department of Comparative Humanities and the Humanities PhD Program.
What We Do
- Promote consistent student-wide dialogue about the Humanities graduate student experience
- Create opportunities for involvement and advancement in the Humanities
- Provide a student organization that represents the interests of Humanities graduate students
- Promote the advancement of interdisciplinary studies
- Promote opportunities for professional development
- Hold recreational events for graduate students to network
- Foster and maintain relationships with Humanities alumni
Katie Cross Gibson
Follow us on Facebook.