Human Resources Commitment to Service Excellence
Welcome to Human Resources at the University of Louisville. Faculty and staff are the University's #1 asset and are Human Resources' #1 priority. Human Resources' role is to help campus administrators recruit, retain, recognize, and reward top quality faculty and staff.
This page provides an array of information regarding HR services including employment & compensation, salary and benefits administration, employee relations & compliance, and our health and wellness programs. Use the tabs at the top of the page for comprehensive program information or the "quick links" below for frequent queries. While you are welcome to browse, you are equally welcome to give us a call at 502-852-6258 or contact us in person. We are here to help you. With best wishes from all your HR Staff.
We are committed to the following strategies to foster an environment in which we add value to the University:
- We will strive to align our services with the academic, research, and service mission of the University and continuously evaluate our services through the eyes of our customers.
- We will continue to embrace a "judgment-based" approach to Human Resources administration (and move away from a historical "rule-based" approach to HR).
- We will advise, but we will not direct. We will serve, but not regulate. We will "look for ways to say yes," with multiple levels of review cascading up to the chief HR officer before we say no.
- We will share our knowledge and judgment, but without supplanting managers' judgment for our own.
- We will maintain appropriate internal audit and public accountability mechanisms and satisfy external stakeholder requirements, but will do so in the least intrusive manner possible.