New Employee Orientation (NEO)
Spend your first day of work with us in New Employee Orientation
(NEO) and discover all the reasons why a position with the University of
Louisville is more than just a paycheck! During the full-day session, new employees sign up for benefits, obtain
identification cards, parking permits, and receive information about
university policies and procedures.
New Employee Orientation is
held at 8:00 a.m. every Monday in the Human Resources Department, or on
Tuesdays when the preceding Monday is a holiday. All new employees are
required to attend. Your hiring department will schedule your orientation date with Human Resources.
Prior to attending orientation
Get started before you even attend NEO! Before you come, please complete the following two items:
Electronic I-9: Please visit the web site www.newi9.com,
and complete the required information prior to attending orientation.
The University of Louisville employer code to access the site is 11443.
If you have questions regarding completion, please contact Human
Resources at (502) 852-6542.
New Hire Packet: Complete the new hire packet prior to
attending, print it out and bring it with you to the orientation session
you are scheduled to attend.
Day of orientation: What to bring
You’ve completed your electronic I-9, new hire packet and it is NEO day. You must bring the following items with you:
- Completed new hire packet
- Proof of identification and eligibility to work. The most common documents are:
- For identification: state issued driver’s license, photo ID or passport.
- For eligibility: original social security card or employment authorization documents.
- Other Acceptable Documents
- Original social security card for payroll purposes. If you do not have a social security card, an application will be provided.
- Voided check for direct deposit, if preferred. Otherwise, you will receive a check card.
- Foreign nationals working on a visa need to bring passport and employment authorization documentation.
- Social security number and date of birth for spouse/qualified adult or dependents you wish to add to any benefits coverage
Where to go
Orientation is held at the Human Resources office, located at 1980
Arthur Street, from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Parking is available at Human
Resources and is free to participants during orientation. Driving directions are available for your convenience.
What you’ll cover
During the full-day session, new employees will complete employment
documents, sign up for payroll, benefits, obtain identification cards,
parking permits, and receive information about university policies and
Please call us ahead of time at 852-6542 if you require any special
accommodations. Please direct any questions or concerns to the office of
Human Resources at 852-6542.