New Graduate Fellow & Assistant HR Orientation
Welcome to the university! If this is your first paid graduate assistantship or
fellowship at the University of Louisville, you must attend an HR
orientation session. During this session, you will have the chance to
complete all of your administrative needs with the Human Resources
department, as well as obtain information about parking, graduate assistant provided health insurance and university policies and procedures. Please register for a session as soon as possible.
If you are a returning graduate assistant or fellow, you do not need
to attend. Please note that your direct deposit will resume to the
account on file, unless you submit a change. If you wish to make a
change, please fill out the direct deposit form (PDF) and return to Payroll.
2014 New Graduate Fellow/Assistant HR Orientation Sessions
All sessions are held at the Office of Human Resources (1980 Arthur Street) from 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
New hires starting in July must attend this first session.
- Session 1: Wednesday, July 2
New hires starting in August must attend a session during the week that they start work or earlier.
- Session 2: Tuesday, August 5
- Session 3: Tuesday, August 12
- Session 4: Tuesday, August 19
- Session 5: Tuesday, August 26
Click here to Register Now!
Prior to attending orientation
Once you have registered for a session, please complete the following two items before you attend:
Electronic I-9: Please visit the web site www.newi9.com,
and complete the required information prior to attending orientation.
The University of Louisville employer code to access the site is 11443. If you are an international student and don’t yet have a social security card, please skip this section.
If you have questions regarding completion, please contact Human
Resources at (502) 852-6542.
- Graduate Student Hire Packet: Complete the new hire
packet prior to attending, print it out and bring it with you to the
orientation session you are scheduled to attend.
Day of orientation: What to bring
To ensure you will get the most out of attending, you must bring the following items with you to the orientation session:
- Completed new hire packet
- Proof of identification and eligibility to work. The most common documents are:
- For identification: state issued driver’s license, photo ID or passport.
- For eligibility: original social security card or employment authorization documents.
- Other Acceptable Documents
- Original social security card for payroll purposes. If you do not have a social security card, an application will be provided.
- Voided check for direct deposit, if preferred. Otherwise, you will receive a check card.
- Foreign nationals working on a visa need to bring passport and employment authorization documentation.
Where to go
Orientation is held at the Human Resources office, located at 1980
Arthur Street. Parking is available at Human
Resources and is free to participants during orientation. Driving directions are available for your convenience.
Please call us ahead of time at 852-6542 if you require any special
accommodations. Please direct any questions or concerns to the office of
Human Resources at 852-6542.