Anthem BlueCross BlueShield is the university's health plan administrator. We understand choosing a health plan is an important decision. To help make an informed choice, take time to review the Plan Summary for each of the plan offerings. Each health plan utilizes the Anthem Blue Access PPO Network.
Benefit ID Card
Employees enrolled in a health plan will receive a combination Anthem BlueCross BlueShield ID card for health and Express Scripts pharmacy benefits for each covered member. You must present your insurance ID card for medical and pharmacy benefits.
Who is eligible for health insurance coverage
- Regular status employees who are employed 80% or greater full-time equivalency (FTE).
- Regular status part-time employees and temporary part-time lecturers (40% to 79% FTE)
- Spouses of covered UofL employees
- Qualifying adult
- Child(ren) ( natural children, step children, foster children, legally adopted children, and children placed for adoption) to the end of the calendar year in which they turn 26 even if they are married; not living with parents; attending school; not financially dependent on their parents; or eligible to enroll in their employer’s health plan.
- Child(ren) of the employee or the employee’s spouse of any age when such children are incapable of self-support because of a total and permanent disability; and
- Child(ren) age 26 and under for whom the employee is required to provide health care coverage under a qualified medical child support order (QMCSO), regardless of where the child resides or if the child is dependent upon the employee for support.
- Surviving spouses under age 65 of UofL employees or retirees.
- COBRA participants
- Qualifying Event
Two Employee Family Rate
- To be eligible for the Two Employee Family rate, the spouse must be a UofL employee and covering child(ren).