Off-Campus Student Resources
Check out these resources and tips for making informed decisions about off-campus accommodations roommate assistance, and links to local ordinances.
Independent Living Tips
- The lease signed is for 12 months and each student will be held to the lease.
- Public landlord/tenant laws are in place and utilized by the community.
- Rules within the apartment are primarily concerned with safety and care of the community; social rules are primarily up to the residents.
- Roommate conflicts are left to the residents to work out, not the community staff.
- As a renting tenant, you have the expectation to be provided a safe and secure environment. We recommend you read more on our Tenant Rights and Responsibilities page.
- UofL students who live off campus may post sublease offers for free at offcampushousing.louisville.edu. You will need to create an account to view or post a sublet.
- Affiliated and Off Campus apartment listings for traditional students, non traditional students, faculty and staff.
- Get to know some of the terminology and what some of your rights are by reviewing our page on Tenant's Rights and Responsibilities.
- Want to sublet your apartment or looking for a sublet. You can sign into offcampushousing.louisville.edu to post your apartment or see what is available.
Finding a compatible roommate and learning to live together in harmony can take some work. Below are some resources to help facilitate a harmonious environment.
- Establishing an understanding of how you will deal with certain situations can help resolve conflicts before they start.
- If you have lived on campus, then you probably already know someone you want to live with, if not Off Campus Housing provides a section for students to find other students as roommates.
- Rent.com provides a good guide for how to find a compatible roommate.
Lease Signing Workshop
Will you being living off campus next year? This free 30-45 minute presentation covers all aspects of the apartment search and everything you will need to understand before signing a lease. In this workshop, you will learn the difference between an Affiliate and non-affiliated property, understand your rights as a tenant, and how to live off campus successfully. To schedule a Lease Signing Workshop for your residence hall, RSO, or office, please contact Campus Housing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some links on this page may lead to PDFs. To read PDFs, download Adobe Acrobat Reader.