Bayard Rustin Social Justice Themed Community
Named for gay civil rights leader Bayard Rustin, this community is designed for those interested in bringing together an intentional community of students who wish to live in a safe, inclusive environment for all students. This community is housed in the University Tower Apartments (UTA) Learn more about the University Tower Apartments.
What are the benefits of participating in the Rustin Community?
- Model the nonviolent social justice principles of Bayard Rustin by learning to support one’s own community and to be an ally to others.
- Explore LGBTQ culture through programming, service, and respectful dialogue.
- Connect students to the larger LGBT community on campus and in Louisville.
- Connect participants with campus partners that work towards creating safe, inclusive spaces for all students.
Who can apply for the Rustin Community?
- All students, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity/expression, are welcome to participate in this themed community.
- If you are interested in applying, please fill out our housing application. After completing the housing application, please complete the Bayard Rustin Community application.
For any additional questions related to the Rustin Community, please contact Katy Garrison at firstname.lastname@example.org or (502) 852-0696.