New Residence Hall 2022
The second of two new residence halls on Belknap Campus will open its doors to first-year students in Fall 2022. Directly opposite Belknap Hall, NRH2022 will mirror the first new hall in structure and design. Check out a livestream to keep up with the progress, and check out our monthly construction updates.
- Visit our YouTube channel to take a virtual tour of the exterior and interior of Belknap Hall to get a preview of New Residence Hall 2022.
Located in the Heart of Campus
As visitors enter campus from University Boulevard near the Ralph Wright Natatorium and proceed past the Houchen's Building, they will approach NRH2022. Prospective students and their families will be able to view the new facility as they arrive on campus for tours with the Office of Admissions. As with residents of NRH2021, those who choose to stay in NRH2022 will find themselves immersed in the heart of campus. Located directly adjacent to the Student Activities Center (SAC) and just a minute's walk from the Red Barn, NRH2022 will place first-year students in proximity to restaurants, cafes such as Starbucks, a campus movie theater, the university bookstore, and several classes as well as offices.
Designed by Students for Students
Divided by wing, each floor of this 452-bed residence hall will feature the following:
- traditional-style double-occupancy rooms with modern flooring
- traditional-style single-occupancy rooms with modern flooring
- Beds are not loftable; however, each bed contains one storage units underneath which may be removed to another location in the room.
- a laundry facility
- a bathroom hallway populated by multiple private bathroom units, fifty percent of which will be wheelchair-accessible
- private study rooms
- common social areas
- Microfridge, loft, and safe rentals as well as futon purchases available here.
- gender-inclusive housing
- 24/7 front desk services
Other hall amenities will include the following:
- multi-purpose rooms on the ground floor
- a game room with kitchen on the ground floor
- elevators with elevator lounges on each floor
- Residential support, security, and limited key access