First Year Live On Exemption Request

UofL first-year students under 21 will be required to live on campus, unless living at home with a parent or guardian.

For details on the Exemption Process and criteria for automatic exemption approval, please view the First-Year Live On Exemption Policy.

You WILL NOT be required to pay the application charge to fill out this request. Students who paid the application charge but then change their minds WILL NOT receive a refund. Students who pay the application charge, sign their license and have a room assignment will still be held to the cancellation charges posted in the cancellation policy.

Those students who are requesting an exemption because they are living with a parent or guardian must download this Exemption Request Letter to fill out and use as their documentation.You must complete the request fully and provide documentation for it to be reviewed by the exemption committee. Documentation must be attached to this form; documentation cannot be faxed in to the office.

** Falsifying documentation will void any exemption request approval**

Enter your full first name. Please do not enter a nickname.
Enter your last name.
Enter your 7 digit student ID number.
All correspondence will go to this address. Please verify that it is correct before submitting the request.
Enter a phone number where we could contact you.
Enter your permanent home address. Do not enter a campus address.
Select the term you are requesting the exemption. If you are requesting an exemption for the fall semester, the committee's decision will apply for the spring semester as well.
I will reside in the principle residence of my parent(s)/legal guardian(s) for the first academic year that I am attending UofL. If you plan to live at home, you need to submit a letter signed by a parent or legal guardian that states you will be living at home for the duration of your freshman year. Scan it or take a legible photo of it, save it as a .pdf or .jpg and attach it where indicated.
I will be 21 years of age prior to the first day of classes of the first term of enrollment. Birth certificate, driver's license, or other government issued document that would show your birth date. Tip: Taking a picture of your driver's license will work.
I am/will be married prior to the first day of classes of the first term of enrollment. Approvable Documents: Marriage certificate
I have served in the US Armed Forces prior to the first day of classes of the first term of enrollment. Approvable Documents: Order papers or other government issued documentation.
I have dependent family under my care. Approvable Documents: A birth certificate, adoption papers or other government proof of guardianship.
Leaving or transferring to another school. Approvable Documents: Proof of withdrawal from the registrar. Registration of classes at another university.
Students who do not qualify based on the above reasons, but believe they should still qualify for an exemption can give a detailed explanation. Requests for exemption to the Live-On Policy on the basis of compelling individual circumstances will be considered on a case by case basis.
If you did not meet any of the above criteria for an exemption, you can submit a request to the review committee. Please describe the circumstances that would merit your exemption. You must include documentation to support your position.
characters remaining
Formal documentation backup must be included for your request to be reviewed by the committee. All documentation must be submitted electronically. Failure to submit proper documentation will result in a delay or rejection of your request.
If you have another document you would like to attach.
By signing your name you are agreeing that all the information entered above is accurate. Entering false information could result in judicial sanctions and/or additional charges typically in the amount of a double occupancy traditional hall room to your student account.