Director's Level of Appeal Instructions
If an appeals committee ultimately is unable to approve your Cancellation Fee Appeal Request or First-Year Live-On Exemption Request, you have the option of submitting a Director's Level of Appeal Request in the Housing Portal. As part of this request, you will have the chance to explain any relevant information regarding your case which you had not previously provided. This includes any new documentation which was not included with your original request.
- If you would like to appeal a cancellation or non-compliance fee, please first take advantage of the Cancellation Fee Appeal and/or First-Year Live-On Exemption Requests. Do not submit a Director's Level of Appeal Request until you have officially been denied at the basic request level.
Check out the Director's Level Appeal Request process below:
Step 1: Access the "Director Level Appeal Request" in the Housing Portal.
Step 2: Select the type of Director's Level of Appeal you would like to submit.
- Option 1: Director's Level of Appeal for a Cancellation Fee.
- Option 2: Director's Level of Appeal for a First-Year Live-On Exemption.
Step 3: Review the instructions and select your appeal term.
Step 4: Complete the Director's Level of Appeal and select "Finish."
As part of the request, you will be able to do the following:
- Select the term for which you would like to appeal a fee at the Director's level.
- Explain any new appeal reasoning or context for appealing which was not already included in your original Cancellation Fee Appeal Request.
- Upload any new official documentation which was not already included in your original Cancellation Fee Appeal Request. Note: All files should be uploaded in PNG, PDF, or JPEG formats so that they may be reviewed in our system. The files should also be legible and sized appropriately for reading (e.g. not as thumbnail-sized images). You may upload multiple files as part of your request.
Step 5: Monitor Your University Email for an Appeals Update
Once the appeals committee has reviewed your case, you will receive an email to your university email account with an appeals update.
- Update Type One: If your appeal request is approved, you will be notified that the cancellation fee for your approval term will be credited to your student financial account within 5-7 business days.
- Update Type Two: If your appeal request is unable to be approved, then you will be notified that you are responsible for paying the cancellation and/or non-compliance fee for your denial term. Any changes to your student fiancial account will occur within 5-7 business days.
- Update Type Three: If more documentation is requested for your case, then you will receive an email which asks you to upload additional documentation to suppport your case. You will be able to re-access your Director's Level of Appeal Request in order to upload any new documentation and re-submit. Then, your case will be reviewed again and you should monitor your UofL email account for an updated decision
Learn more about appeals documentation.