Bayard Rustin Themed Community Interest Form
Named for gay civil rights leader Bayard Rustin, this community is designed for those interested in bringing together an intentional community of students who wish to live in a safe, inclusive environment or all students and who want to learn more about and be allies of our different underrepresented student groups such as the LGBTQ community. The community aims to:
- Model the nonviolent social justice principles of Bayard Rustin by learning to support one’s own community and to be an ally to others
- Explore LGBTQ culture through programming, service, and respectful dialogue
- Connect students to the larger LGBT community on campus and in Louisville
- Connect participants with campus partners that work towards creating safe, inclusive spaces for all students
- All students, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity/expression, are welcome to participate in this themed community.
For more information about the Bayard Rustin Community, click here.
We will make every attempt to match you with your preferences, but room availability may not permit. Remember you must also apply for housing.