Metropolitan College Themed Community Application
Goals of Metropolitan College Community:
The Metropolitan College (MC) Community will provide students with an opportunity to engage with each other and with the campus community. By building a Metropolitan College residence hall community, students will have an opportunity to share advice regarding time management, organization, and work life balance while attending school and working third shift within UPS. Students will also be able to form relationships with other students within Metropolitan College who are faced with similar challenges, including sleep schedules and carpooling issues. Metropolitan College staff members will also offer programming relevant to their needs including onsite agreement signing, Career and Academic Planning Program (CAPP) requirement completion, and academic support services provided by REACH.
Students in this community can expect to receive the following services:
- Onsite student agreement signing provided by a member of the Student Development Team
- Onsite resume development and mock interviews as part of CAPP.
- Housing during the summer and over other institutional closing periods. Students residing in the MC theme housing will be able to remain in the same floor and floor plan within the community. Students planning to stay on campus for the summer term will be given preference and charged a summer housing fee.
- Social activities to allow students to engage with other Metropolitan College students and the campus community
- Hall mates with a similar schedule to allow for less interrupted sleep schedules and possible carpooling opportunities
- Housing staff knowledgeable of Metropolitan College students’ needs.
- Facilitation of community engagement among fellow Metropolitan College students
- Events and academic support services provided by REACH.
For more information about Metropolitan College themed housing, please contact Chelsea Wightman at 502 852-2121 or by email.
Remember that you must also apply for housing.