Fall 2020 Housing Application Procedure for First-Year Students
Congratulations on your admission to UofL, and welcome to our family! Now that you are officially a Cardinal, it is time to find your #CardinalHome with us. To get started, we encourage you to review the various housing options available here on campus as well as the policies and financial commitments associated with each option. Please note that two processes are involved in securing housing on campus: 1. Completing the Housing Application and 2. Participating in Room Selection.
In accordance with UofL’s first-year live-on requirement, first-year Cardinals are expected to live in an on-campus residence hall. If you plan to reside with your parent(s) and/or guardian(s) for the 2020-21 Academic Year, please review the First-Year Live-On Policy and complete the First-Year Live-On Exemption Request and associated steps. Moreover, in accordance with our university’s Second-Year Residency Requirement, you will be expected to live in an on-campus residence hall or affiliated property during your second year with us.
- The Fall 2020 Housing Application officially launched in November and will remain open until late July.
- If you applied for housing by the priority deadline of February 1st, you should have received an email on February 20th at the email account you specified as your university email on the housing application. This email provided room selection instructions and specified a day and time during which you may participate in the room selection process. You will be able to select your residence hall and room at the specified date/time or anytime prior to March 4th at 9:00 a.m.
- If you complete(d) the housing application after February 1st, you will receive the same set of room selection instructions included in your housing application confirmation email. However, you will not receive a room selection date/time. Instead, you will be able to log into the Housing Portal beginning March 9th in order to select your space.
- Anyone who does not select a space will be assigned one by our team when room selection closes.
- Review our timeline of important dates here!
Complete the Housing Application
Download our Application Tutorial below:
In order to get started with the housing application, please ensure that the following are available:
- Your unique seven-digit student ID number
- Your UofL email address (email ending in “@louisville.edu”). Do you need to set up your UofL email account? Visit this page to get started.
- The full name and student ID number of your preferred roommate
- A credit or debit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or pre-paid) for submitting the $100 application fee
- The email address(es) of your parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s)
- Parent or legal guardian for co-signature (if you are younger than 18 at the time of filling out the application)
When you are ready, simply visit our homepage and select the red "Apply For Housing" button to get started!
Did you forget to submit your application fee?
Applications are considered incomplete until the application fee payment has been submitted. To submit your application fee, please take the following actions:
- Visit the Housing Portal located on the UofL Campus Housing homepage
- Enter your 7 digit Student ID number and leave the password field blank
- Click “Forgot Password” to have a temporary password sent to your email. You will then enter the password into the password field and click “Login”
- Click “Housing Application” and then the “Fall 2020 Application” and this will re-enter you into the application and you will be able to complete the payment process
If you have any issues with the payment process, contact us on our service account at email@example.com with your full name and student ID number.