Fall 2021 Honors Advising Campaign Details
Missed the window to schedule an Honors Advising Campaign appointment? Never fear - Honors Log-In Advising will be here for you! Click here for more details!
Whether or not you're required to do so, all current Honors students are welcome to make an advising appointment with us!
- Kirsten Armstrong
- Luke Buckman
- Sarah Exner
- Andrew Grubb
- Chelsea Pipes
- Katherine Rucker
- Sarah Springer
Who is required to see an Honors advisor?
- All HON 202 students
- All Honors students who are majoring in the College of Arts & Sciences who have "Advising Required" holds on their accounts
- Any current Honors Scholar or other Honors student who wishes to reserve a seat in a Winter Session or Spring 2022 Honors Scholars Seminar
Who is strongly encouraged to see an Honors advisor?
- First-year Honors students in all majors are strongly encouraged to schedule at least one appointment in their first year with their assigned Honors advisor.
Who is not required to see an Honors advisor?
- Continuing Honors students (2nd-year and beyond) are encouraged to check in at least once per academic year with an Honors advisor, but they are not required to do so unless they meet the criteria above (A&S majors with an "Advising Required" hold or students who wish to reserve a seat in a Winter Session or Spring 2022 Honors Scholars seminar).
- Graduating seniors are not required to meet with an Honors advisor in their final semester.
The Honors Advising Window:
- Honors Scholars appointments: Mon., Sept. 20 – Mon., Nov. 1*
- General Honors appointments: Thurs., Sept. 23 – Mon., Nov. 1*
- *Please note:
- Fall Break is Mon., 10/4 - Tues., 10/5, so there will be limited appointment availability on these dates.
- If you signed up for a virtual appointment, please log in to MS Teams promptly on your appointment date/time and await your advisor's notice that they are ready to start a video advising meeting with you. If your advisor is unable to reach you on MS Teams 10 or more minutes after the scheduled appointment time, you will be given the opportunity to reschedule for a later date/time subject to advisor availability.
- Virtual Log-In Advising via CardSmart & MS Teams
- Tues., 11/2 - Wed., 11/3, 8:30-11:30AM & 1-4PM
- More information about Log-In Advising will be shared closer to these dates.
- Priority Registration for all current Honors students
- 8AM on Wed., Nov. 3
- Honors Scholars – will receive the CardSmart/EAB campaign e-mail from an Honors advisor around 7:45AM on Tuesday, 9/14 in their UofL email accounts.
- All other Honors students – will receive the CardSmart/EAB campaign e-mail from an Honors advisor around 7:45AM on Wednesday, 9/15 in their UofL email accounts.
- If you have an assigned Honors advisor (you will receive your campaign from that advisor only. If you do not have an assigned Honors advisor, you will participate in the general Honors advising campaign that will allow you to select from several Honors advisors.
- Once you receive your e-mail from CardSmart/EAB, please follow the instructions at the link provided within the email, and sign up online for a virtual Honors advising appointment on the CardSmart/EAB website.
If you scheduled a virtual MS Teams appointment...
If you have not downloaded MS Teams yet, you may do so here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/microsoft-teams/download-app.
On the day of your appointment, open Microsoft Teams a few minutes before your scheduled appointment time. Log in using your ULink information. Once you have logged in, your advisor will message you before beginning your video appointment.
You don't need a special link and you don't need to message anyone - just open Teams and wait to be contacted by your advisor!
If you log in more than 10 minutes after your scheduled appointment time or do not respond to your advisor, you may be asked to reschedule.
No Longer Active in Honors:
- If you were in Honors in the past and would like request to reinstate in the program, please complete our Reinstatement webform here.
If you have questions or encounter technical difficulties with scheduling your Honors advising appointment in CardSmart/EAB, please contact the front desk of the Etscorn Honors Center at 502-852-6293 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.