Academic Policies & Requirements
o To be eligible for the Honors Program, incoming freshmen must meet the following minimum requirements:
· 28 ACT or 1250 SAT (CR+M);
· High school grade point average (GPA) of 3.5;
· Submit a completed “Intent to Participate Form” by May 1st deadline.*
*To be guaranteed acceptance into the University Honors Program, students must submit an online Honors application by January 15 and register for a summer Freshmen Orientation session by no later than May 1. After the January 15 priority deadline, admission to the University Honors Program is competitive and applications will be considered only as space in the freshman class allows. Students applying after the January 15 deadline must complete the online Honors application and submit additional materials, including a resume. An Honors selection committee will review all application materials and make admission decisions. No application materials will be accepted after May 1.
Good Standing Policy
o In order to remain in good standing in the Honors Program, students must meet all of the following minimum requirements:
· 3.35 cumulative GPA;
· Completion of three 3-credit Honors courses within their first four (full-time) semesters in the Honors Program (required for all students who entered the Honors Program in Fall 2008 or later);
· Completion of one 3-credit Honors course each academic year.
o Honors Probation/Suspension
§ First-Semester Freshmen Only
· If first-semester GPA is between 3.0 and 3.34, you will be placed on Honors Probation. This probationary period will last one semester. Students on Honors Probation will still receive full Honors Program benefits, including priority registration. If you do not raise your GPA to 3.35 after this probationary period, you will be suspended from the Honors Program.
· If first –semester GPA is below 3.0, you will be suspended from the Honors Program.
§ All other Honors students
· If your cumulative GPA is below 3.35, you will be suspended from the Honors Program. If you are suspended, you will be notified via email sent to your UofL account. Because priority registration occurs before grades are posted, you may be suspended from the Honors Program even though you are registered for an Honors course. You will not be removed from any Honors courses for which you are already registered.
· To be readmitted to the Honors Program after being suspended for GPA, you must speak with an Honors advisor once your cumulative GPA has reached the 3.35 minimum.
· Course Requirements (Activity)
§ If you do not take at least three Honors courses (9 credits) in your first four (full-time) semesters in the Honors Program and/or you do not complete at least one 3-credit Honors course per academic year thereafter, you will be placed on Inactive Status. Students on Inactive Status do NOT receive priority registration. If you are placed on Inactive Status, you will be notified via email sent to your UofL account.
§ To regain Active Status in the Honors Program, you will be required to enroll in and complete at least one 3-credit Honors course. Once you have completed the course, you will need to speak with an Honors advisor to regain Active Status.