President's Council Mentoring Program
The University of Louisville established this mentoring program in 1987. The President's Council Mentoring Program is a year-long program that provides a unique and valuable opportunity for students to participate in a formal one-on-one mentor/mentee experience, a link from classroom to career. Our goal is to connect committed students from the University of Louisville with exceptional professional leaders from the local community in both the public and private sector.
The purpose of the program is to assist students in their transition from university to career. The program facilitates this transition by matching students with mentors according to their career fields and interests. Mentors guide their mentees as they enter the work force by sharing experiences such as academic training, kinds of career moves, and professional insights.
Through this mentoring relationship, the program provides students with:
- Increased self-confidence
- Enhanced tools for professional success
- Advice in career goals and advancement strategies
- Further development of social, personal, and professional skills
- Opportunities to engage in new activities and develop new talents
- The ability to network with professionals in their chosen field
Participation in the Program
Participation in the program is limited to 50 junior-level students each academic year. Qualified students will receive an invitation to apply in the spring of their sophomore year. The program is not limited to students enrolled in the University Honors Program. Any University of Louisville student who meets the following criteria will receive an invitation to apply for the President's Council Mentoring Program.
- 3.5 cumulative GPA
- 45-80 cumulative hours earned or junior-level status at the university (total number of credits earned includes hours earned via AP, IB, CLEP, or other test credits)
If interested in the program, please be sure to check your university e-mail account regularly throughout the spring semester prior to when you would participate in the program for specific details regarding the application process.
Questions about the Program
Please send all program inquiries to the program coordinator, Cody Gault, by email at Cody.Gault@Louisville.edu or by phone at 502.852.6293.