Graduate Certificate in Public History
The following courses are required for the certificate:
- Introduction to Public History (3 credit hours)
- Public History Practicum (3 credit hours)
- Two graduate seminars (600 level) in Department of History (3 credit hours each, 6 hours total)
- Two public history electives at graduate level (3 credit hours each, 6 hours total)
Note: History M.A. students enrolled in the certificate program may apply six hours of certificate courses toward requirements for the M.A. The remaining 9 hours must be in addition to their M.A. coursework.
The following materials are required for the certificate program:
- two letters of recommendation
- undergraduate transcripts
- GRE scores
- personal statement of interest in public history (500 words)
- $60.00 application fee
History M.A. students who wish to enroll in the certificate program must complete the online application (see link below) and submit (1) a letter of recommendation from a U of L faculty member, and (2) a personal statement of interest in public history. All materials from your application for the M.A. program will also be considered.
To apply, click here.