A confidential partnership between client and coach that facilitates insight, elicits client-generated strategies and motivates client to achieve wellness goals.
Using Your Strengths to Propel Your Future
Through Wellness Coaching you will identify your wellness priorities while working one-on-one with the University of Louisville's Wellness Coach Coordinator. Your coach will use behavior change tools to empower you to take charge, connect with your motivators, and learn goal setting strategies. Your coach comes to you at your time preference or can arrange a meeting place outside of your work environment.
What is Coaching?
- Creates a powerful partnership between client and the coach
- Provides support, guidance, and encouragement; free of judgment
- Facilitates change by focusing on your past successes and strengths.
Sessions usually last 30-60 minutes and are encouraged to be scheduled on a weekly or bi-weekly basis for optimal success either in person or by telephone. Sessions are provided FREE of cost to Get Healthy Now participants. This service typically ranges in cost from $60- $90/hour.
Wellness coaching can help you improve your:
- Exercise, eating, and sleep habits
- Fun time, 'me' time, and relaxation time
- Connectedness to family, friends, and colleagues
- Actions that are congruent with your values and beliefs
- Creativity and problem-solving
To get involved:
- Submit a request for
- Read about our
- Contact GHN's Wellness Specialist: Paula Kommor, M.Ed., CPA
Get Healthy Now Wellness Coaching Programs
|PRIMARY (main)||SECONDARY (supplement)|
|Coaching Program:||Empowered Health Coaching Program
Qualifier for $40 monthly
|Get Healthy Now on‐site
Wellness Coaching Program
Non‐qualifier for $40 monthly
|Eligibility Criteria||Employees enrolled in UofL’s medical
plan AND in Get Healthy Now (requires
annual completion of HRA*).
|All employees are eligible, even those
who waive the University’s medical
|Method of Delivery||Telephonic / Electronic message board||In‐person (face‐to‐face)|
|Participation is required only if HRA
indicates medium‐to‐high health risk.
|Maintain monthly contact with
Empowered Health Coach.
|Coaches||Health Fitness Corporation
Certified Health Coaches.
|UofL certified wellness coaching staff and student interns pursuing an
Interdisciplinary Wellness Coaching
* Health Risk Assessment (HRA)
Resources on Coaching:
Fitness: On the Other End of the Line, Discipline - The New York Times