Combined BA/MA Program in French
Full-time students working diligently will be able to obtain their MA in three semesters (summer not included) instead of four.
The guidelines for this combined program are as follows:
- Prior to applying for admission into the program, students must consult with the French Undergraduate advisor and the Director of Graduate Studies in French. They will then submit their application through the School of Interdisciplinary and Graduate Studies. It is strongly recommended that at least one of the supporting letters submitted with the application be from a French faculty member.
- Students must (A) apply for admission to this program no later than the end of the Junior year (a total of 90 degree applicable hours) and, (B) must have completed French 320, 321, 322 with grades of B or better.
- Application will be reviewed by the French faculty. A 3.35 overall grade point average will be required for admission to the program.
- Students may take a maximum of nine (9) hours for graduate credit, which will also apply to the requirements for the baccalaureate degree in French. The nine hours must be from the following list: FRE 523, 524, 531, and 552.
- Students who enroll in the accelerated program will be non-thesis students and must adhere to all policies pertaining to Graduate Students in the Department of Classical and Modern Languages.
To set up your advising appointments prior to applying to the combined BA/MA Program in French, please contact:
Dr. Wendy Yoder, Undergraduate Advisor in French at wendy.yoder @ louisville.edu or (502) 852-o494.
Dr. Bonnie Fosenca Greber, Director of Graduate Studies in French at bbfons01 @ louisville.edu or (502) 852-0488.