UofL’s Student Financial Aid Office (SFAO) have developed interactive modules that provide step-by-step instructions for completing the verification form. The modules will walk you through each section of the form and include visual references for the types of documents you may be required to submit with the form.
Verification Form 2022 Interactive Module for the 2021-2022 award year (fall 2021/spring 2022/summer 2022)
Please note the interactive verification modules were designed for undergraduate, graduate, and law students.
- If you are a School of Dentistry student, please contact the School of Dentistry’s Financial Aid Office for information regarding the verification process (Telephone: 502.852.5076; Website: louisville.edu/dentistry/financialaid).
- If you are a School of Medicine student, please contact the School of Medicine’s Financial Aid Office for information regarding the verification process (Telephone: (502) 852-5187; Website: louisville.edu/medicine/financialaid).
Figuring out how to fund your education can be stressful! Here are some tips for navigating the verification process and making sense of your financial aid.
- Submit your verification form and all required documents as soon as you can.
- Make sure to check your UofL email and ULink ‘Tasks’ tile in case additional documents are requested after you initially submit your verification form.
- Make sure you check your ULink and UofL email accounts regularly!
- You can find tutorials for navigating financial aid related pages on ULink here.
- Take steps to resolve any balances, holds, or other action-items as soon as you are aware of them.
Verification is a PROCESS—
- Sometimes we (the SFAO) need you to clarify a situation in order for us to determine what else may be needed to complete verification.
- The SFAO will only request information necessary to complete verification in compliance with all federal regulations set by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Prompt and clear responses to our requests will help smooth out the process.
- Multiple follow-ups due to missing and/or incomplete information will delay the verification process.
- We understand some documentation may be difficult or take additional time to obtain.
- Please contact us if you have concerns about obtaining the necessary documents to complete the verification process.
- During high-volume times, such as at the beginning of the semester, the timeline for reviewing documents and following up with students will be extended.
Focus on SOLUTIONS—
- Our goal is to help you explore your financial aid options to make your academic goals more affordable.
- We are working to ensure your FAFSA has the correct information required by the U.S. Department of Education.
- We are here to help you along the way. Please reach out to us if you need assistance.
You can find additional information about the verification process on our Verification FAQs.