- Once you have finalized your registration for the summer semester, please complete the online summer aid application via your ULink account to have your federal financial aid eligibility evaluated. Please be aware if you submit the online summer application before you finalize your summer enrollment, your awards may be delayed and may have to be adjusted.
- You must be enrolled at least half-time (3.0 hours) to be eligible for a summer Direct Graduate/Professional PLUS Loan. Additionally, you must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States and be enrolled in an eligible program of study at the University of Louisville. In order to receive federal financial aid, including the Direct Graduate/Professional PLUS loan, you must be maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
- If you meet all eligibility requirements when your summer federal aid eligibility is evaluated, the Student Financial Aid Office will automatically consider you for a Direct Graduate/Professional PLUS Loan award and email you an award notification if awarded federal financial aid for the summer term.
- If you are offered a Direct Graduate/Professional PLUS loan, you must login to ULink to accept, reduce, or decline the loan offer.
- After acceptance of the Direct Graduate/Professional PLUS Loan via ULink, our office will
send your loan request to the U.S. Department of Education for
consideration. If a credit check has not
already been completed, the U.S. Department of Education will check your credit
- If your credit is approved, our office will be notified of the approval. If you are determined to have an adverse credit history, you may still receive a Direct Graduate/Professional PLUS Loan if you obtain an endorser or appeal the credit decision.
- For further information regarding the Direct Graduate/Professional PLUS loan, you can call the Direct Loan Customer Service Center toll-free at 800-557-7394 or visit StudentLoans.gov.