- Once you have finalized your registration for the summer semester, please complete the Summer Aid Request form via your ULink account. Please be aware, if you submit the online summer application before you finalize your summer enrollment, your awards may be delayed and may have to be adjusted.
- You must be enrolled at least half-time (3.0 hours) to be eligible for a summer Direct Graduate PLUS loan. Additionally, you must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States and be enrolled or accepted for enrollment in a degree-seeking program at the University of Louisville. In order to receive financial aid, including the Direct Graduate PLUS loan, you must be making Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
- If all eligibility requirements are met, the Student Financial Aid Office will automatically consider you for a Direct Graduate PLUS Loan award and send you an award notification.
- You must login to ULink to accept, reduce or decline the loan offer.
- After acceptance of the Direct Graduate PLUS Loan via ULink, our office will send your loan request to the U.S. Department of Education for consideration. If a credit check has not already been completed, the U.S. Department of Education will check your credit history. To be eligible to receive a Direct Graduate PLUS Loan, you must not have an adverse credit history.
- If your credit is approved, our office will be notified of the approval. If you are determined to have an adverse credit history, you may still receive a Direct Graduate PLUS Loan if you obtain an endorser who does not have an adverse credit history. An endorser is someone who agrees to repay the Direct Graduate PLUS Loan if you do not repay the loan, such as a relative or friend who is able to pass the credit check. In some cases, you may also be able to obtain a Direct PLUS Loan if you document (appeal) to the U.S. Department of Education’s satisfaction that there are extenuating circumstances related to your adverse credit history.
- For further information regarding the Direct Graduate PLUS credit decision, you can call the Direct Loan Customer Service Center toll-free at 800-557-7394.