Step 5: Aid Disbursement

Fall & Spring Aid Disbursement

If you are enrolled in regular courses as a full-time student or have completed the enrollment adjustment form prior to the start of classes, we will reassess your eligibility and disburse all available funds to the Bursar’s Office. The Bursar's Office will then post the aid to your account. Disbursed financial aid that exceeds your balance owed to the university is considered residual funds. Some financial aid awards are restricted to payment of specific charges only and are not able to be refunded to you. KEES money is disbursed pending release from the state typically 30 days after the start of classes. Subsequent disbursements of available financial aid to the Bursar's Office are scheduled to occur multiple times a week.

Financial Aid from most federal and state aid programs is based on a student's enrollment as of the term’s census date, which is the day following the last day to drop and receive a 100% tuition credit. Waitlisted courses are not included in a student's enrolled hours. As of the census date, aid adjustments are made for the term and no other adjustments will be made for enrollment changes assuming you begin attendance in all courses and remain enrolled for the entire term earning grades for all your courses

Residual or Excess Aid

Disbursed financial aid that exceeds your university bill will be delivered to you according to the university’s refund delivery process.  For more information on the preference selections to receive any future eligible refund, please refer to the Bursar’s website at

University Funds Advance

If your anticipated financial aid exceeds your fall bill, you may be eligible for a cash advance. The University Funds Advance form is available for print on ULink approximately one business day after the first disbursement date of the term. It is listed under the Financial Aid section on the Student Services tab. If you have any questions, you may contact our office to determine your eligibility for the financial aid advance. The maximum advance is $450 of your anticipated financial aid funds if your funds have not disbursed.  There is a $5.00 processing charge assessed by the Bursar’s Office.

Next Step