- File the FAFSA on the Web because it is the fastest and easiest way to apply! If you do not want to or cannot apply online, other FAFSA Filing Options are available.
- Apply for a PIN (Personal Identification Number) during the online FAFSA filing process. Use the PIN to electronically sign your FAFSA. If parent information is required, your parent will need a separate PIN to sign the FAFSA.
- Our School code is 001999.
- You can learn about the federal aid programs in the U.S. Department of Education's Student Aid Web Portal.
Processing the FAFSA
- Approximate time for U.S. Department of Education to process your FAFSA and send it to our office electronically:
- 3-5 days if you supply an email on the FAFSA and sign it with a PIN
- Two weeks if you supply an email on the FAFSA and mail a signature page
- Two weeks if you file a paper FAFSA and supply an email on the FAFSA
- Three weeks if you file a paper FAFSA and do not supply an email on the FAFSA
- We load processed FAFSAs from the U.S. Department of Education several times a week.
- Review our Financial Aid Start-to-Finish Guide to learn the financial aid process at UofL, including information on award notification, billing, and disbursement.
Estimating Your Aid
- If you are not ready to apply for federal student aid but would like an estimate, use the FAFSA4caster to get a general idea of what federal assistance you might be eligible to receive.