Additional Information FAFSA Tips
- File the FAFSA on the Web or call 1-800-433-3243 to request a paper FAFSA be mailed to you for free.
- Apply for a PIN (Personal Identification Number) during the online FAFSA filing process. Use the PIN to electronically sign your FAFSA. If parent information is required, your parent will need a separate PIN to sign the FAFSA.
- To complete the FAFSA, you will need to know that our school code is 001999.
- You can learn about the federal aid programs in the U.S. Department of Education's Funding Education Beyond High School.
- Access the U.S. Department of Education's Student Aid Web Portal.
Processing the FAFSA
- Approximate time for U.S. Department of Education to process your FAFSA and send it to our office electronically:
- 3-5 days if you supply an email on the FAFSA and sign it with a PIN
- Two weeks if you supply an email on the FAFSA and mail a signature page
- Two weeks if you file a paper FAFSA and supply an email on the FAFSA
- Three weeks if you file a paper FAFSA and do not supply an email on the FAFSA
- We load processed FAFSAs from the U.S. Department of Education several times a week.
- Review our Financial Aid Start to Finish Guide to learn the financial aid process at U of L, including information on award notification, billing, and disbursement.
Estimating Your Aid
- Use the FAFSA4caster to before you complete the FAFSA to get a general idea of what federal assistance you might be eligible to receive.