PS Journal Voucher Instructions
Must save journal as .xls before forwarding
The PeopleSoft Journal Voucher form is to be used for PeopleSoft general ledger entries. The form has fields that have to be completed in addition to the information needed for the entry. These fields are highlighted yellow in the form:
- Month: Insert the month the entry is to be posted
- Originating Department: Name of Department submitting entry
- Prepared by/ Date: Name of person preparing entry
- Approved by/ Date: Name of person approving the entry (note – this cannot be the same name as the Prepared by name)
- Description: reason the entry is being submitted
- Complete the entry information requested for each line in the entry:
- Account Number
- Debit Amount
- Credit Amount
The entry will have at least 2 lines, one line for debit and one for credit. If additional lines are needed select the Add 5 Rows or Add 25 Rows button and additional rows will be added to the body of the entry. The total of the debit and credit columns must equal.
After all required information is completed select the Verify Voucher button. A notification will appear indicating either the form is complete or there are errors. If errors are found an error message will identify the fields to be corrected. Correct the fields and select the Verify Voucher button again. Once the form is complete the total debits and credits of the entry will be automatically added to the form along with a place to record the journal voucher number.
IF SPEEDTYPE IS A SPONSORED PROGRAM, THE COST TRANSFER JUSTIFICATION FORM MUST BE COMPLETED AND ATTACHED.
This form should be completed and sent to Sponsored Programs Financial Management (email@example.com) for approval.