Deposits and Transmittals
Document needed for deposits and transmittals:
Transmittal Preparation Instructions:
- The Speedtype and PS Account is required on every transmittal. If the Speedtype and PS Account are missing, the transmittal may be returned to you or its processing may be delayed.
- The 10-DIGIT NUMERIC REFERENCE number is an optional field. It is for departmental use only. It can be any numeric combination or sequence of numbers the department determines for internal documentation.
- Date the transmittal. Always complete the Project/Grant/Account Name.
- Please fill in the appropriate items (i.e., deposit slips, checks, charge cards, currency/coin) on the transmittal and place the total(s) in the appropriate space.
- For Departments that process credit card transactions through the Bursar:
- All departments that send (Campus Mail is NOT acceptable) their credit card transactions to the Bursar for processing will be assessed a 3% fee for each transaction by the Bursar. Thus, a department that submits a credit card transaction for $100 will be credited $97 and the Bursar will keep $3 (3%) to cover their processing fees.
- When you have two or more account numbers, type "SEE BELOW" in the account space and use the explanation portion of the transmittal for clarification purposes.
- If the transmittal does not provide enough space to adequately explain the funds received (source, check number, date of check, amount), the explanation may be continued on a separate sheet of paper; this document must accompany the transmittal.
- Please be sure to indicate the department, location, phone number, email address and the depositor's name, so that we may have easy access to the depositor should a question arise. This information is needed to return the confirmation copy to the correct department and to contact the department if a question arises.
IMPORTANT: If the transmittal consists of more than three (3) checks, please provide the Bursar's Office with two (2) adding machine tapes. Please put the Speedtype and PS Account on both adding machine tapes. One tape is sent to the bank and one tape is for the Bursar's Office.
Campus mail may not be used when transmittals contain currency/coin or credit card tansactions. Transmittals must be delivered to the Bursar's Office within three (3) working days of receipt of depositable funds. Transmittals must be forwarded on a daily basis when large amounts of currency, checks, credit card and/or lockbox are received (e.g., $200.00 or more of depositable funds). If the transmittal has currency/coin, the person delivering it to the Bursar's Office must obtain a receipt at the service window.
Checks should be restrictively endorsed when received by the depositor (endorsement stamps may be obtained from the Bursar's Office). If checks are made payable to a specific department, organization, or individual, please be sure the checks are endorsed as drawn.
Reminder: Prior to sending transmittals, checks should also be copied for internal records at the department level.
We recognize that, during peak periods, lines are long and may result in some delay, but we attempt to assist each department in this area. In some instances, our night depository located between the front outside doors may be used. If you are going to use this drop, please make sure:
- The deposit does not include currency/coin.
- The envelope drops down completely.
- There is no rolled coin.
Direct any questions regarding these
transmittals to the Bursar's Office.