Clinic and APS Budget Instructions
Self-Supporting Entity Budget Request Instructions
(Cxxxx and Pxxxx)
Clinic and APS Budgets will be due February 21, 2014
- Run the UBM-Clinic_APS Budget Prep found in University Reports.
Financials – Department – Planning
- Export this report in Excel Format to a folder of your choosing.
- Review Five Year History and Complete the 2015 Proposed section on the Excel file.
All revenue and expense projections should be rounded to the nearest 100.
- Make an informed projection of the Cash Balance you expect to have on hand at the end of the current year (June 30th).
a. Estimate any revenue you expect to receive during the new fiscal year.
b. Estimate all expenses you expect to incur during the new fiscal year including salaries with a 3% estimated salary increase, fringe benefits (28.5% of salary) and operating expenses.
c. A subtotal formula will need to be added to the revenue section to include the cash balance. Also a subtotal will need to be added to total all expenditures.
d. Add a formula to subtract expenditures from total income. Total revenue should equal total expenses for a surplus/deficit on the new fiscal year of zero.
- Send via email with the Excel spreadsheet as an attachment to Cathy Keibler for Medicine or EVPHA programs and to Ann Phillips for Nursing, Dental or Public Health programs.
- Once you receive notification that your Clinic or APS budget request is approved, you may make changes in the budget system.