Noyce Scholarships will be awarded for the Spring Semester 2010 and each semester thereafter through 2015.
Freshman and sophomore students interested in the Noyce program should begin immediately to prepare to apply for the scholarships by 1) consulting with their advisor to design an educational program to achieve a major in a STEM field and accommodate 9 hours of graduate education courses during their undergraduate years and 2) seeking research ( http://louisville.edu/research/for-students )and/or teaching internships (under development) that are available at U of L.
Rising juniors and seniors who aspire to a Noyce Scholarship for the Summer Semester should complete an application ( http://louisville.edu/education/ssa/noyce/downloadable-application-pdf.html ) by March 7, for the fall semester by June 7 and for Spring semester by October 7.
The time line for the process is below:
- Applications are due on March 7, June 7 or October 7.
- Interviews will be scheduled by the following week
- Interviews will be completed and preliminary offers of scholarships will be made a week later
- Students with preliminary offers will need to complete a JCPS application and background check within a week
- Final appointments as Noyce Scholars will be made six weeks after the application due date to allow Financial Aid to complete final financial aid arrangements.
Career changers should complete an application for the MAT by the MAT deadline. The Noyce application is due one week after the MAT deadline and interviews for both programs will occur within two weeks.