George J. Howe Distinguished Staff Award
The Division of Student Affairs is accepting nominations for the George J. Howe Distinguished Staff Award through Friday, March 20, 2020.
The George J. Howe Distinguished Staff Award recognizes full-time classified and professional/administrative staff who exemplify the traits of George J. Howe through their humility, generosity and excellence in leadership.
Recipient will receive a commemorative UofL Minerva Chair, a cash award of $500, and will be recognized in a ceremony on May 6, 2020.
- Full-time staff in good standing within their department and university.
- Consideration for award may be based upon the nominees’ length of service.
- Recipients should demonstrate a commitment to the mission of the University of Louisville, its students, faculty, and staff, while exemplifying the traits of George J. Howe through their humility, generosity, and excellence in leadership.
- Any permanent classified or professional/administrative staff member employed at the University of Louisville on or before July 1, 2018, with a minimum of one year in his or her current job, is eligible for nomination.
- Nominations can come from any member of the campus community: co-workers, supervisors, faculty, staff, students, etc.
- Nomination forms will be forwarded to the selection committee (additional letters of support can be submitted via the nomination form).
- No person may receive more than one award in a three-year period.