Diabetes in Kentucky
- In 2009, the diagnosed rat for diabetes in Kentucky was the 4th highest in the nation at 11.4%, compared to a national median of 8.3%.
- An estimated 366,000 adults in Kentucky have diabetes.
- Nearly 29% of diabetes cases are undiagnosed.
- An estimated 226,000 adult Kentuckians have pre-diabetes and are at very high risk for developing the disease.
- One-fifth of children in Kentucky under age 5 weigh too much.
About 30% of Kentucky adults are obese. By 2030, the obesity rate could reach 60.1%.