- Cultural Center
- One of the five critical areas of the University of Louisville’s 2020 Plan is Diversity, Opportunity, and Social Justice.
U of L is committed to creating a challenging intellectual climate enhanced by our many human differences, and this serves as the foundational objective of the programs and services provided by the Cultural Center. More specifically, the Cultural Center creates educational opportunities for members of the university community to critically think about their beliefs, values and assumptions as it relates to culture. To fulfill our mission, we support and offer co–curricular and extra–curricular programs that acknowledge and reflect the experiences of under–represented populations. We also provide educational opportunities for all members of the campus community to examine their individual and group experiences within a culturally diverse society.
The underlying goals of these two endeavors are to provide advocacy for our students, celebrate the diverse cultures of the campus community, engage students in social justice issues, and support the scholarship and retention of U of L students.
- LGBT Center
- One of the five critical areas of the University of Louisville’s 2020 Plan is Diversity, Opportunity, and Social Justice. U of L is committed to creating a challenging intellectual climate enhanced by our many human differences, and this serves as the foundational objective of the programs and services provided by the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) Center.
The Center supports the 2020 plan by working to strengthen and sustain an inclusive campus, one that welcomes people of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions through support, educational resources, and advocacy. The center works in partnership with other diversity efforts on campus supporting the Vice Provost for Diversity and International Affairs.
- Women's Center
- The mission of the Women's Center is to build alliances with campus and community groups in order to promote equality, increase women's self-reliance and to heighten the understanding of women's contributions to all societies
The Women's Center carries out this mission by designing programs that encourage participation, including performances, discussion, exhibitions; by involving women and men of diverse races, classes, ethnic origins, sexual orientations, and age groups in creative activities contributing to public education, research, and policy development; and by producing informative and coalition-building publications.
- Ali Insitute for Peace and Justice
- Drawing strength from the vision and work of Muhammad Ali, the Muhammad Ali Institute for Peace and Justice at the University of Louisville develops initiatives that support human dignity, foster responsible citizenship, further peace and justice and address the impact of violence in local, state, national and international arenas. The Ali Institute has a special concern for young people living with violence in urban areas; therefore, we seek to equip the young and those working with them to be agents of peace and justice in their communities.
Because the Ali Institute recognizes that peace cannot exist in the absence of justice, we strive, through our work and energy, to be essential contributors to the cause of justice locally and around the world.
Whether for school children in the inner city of Louisville, farmers in rural Central America, teachers in a European capital or human rights workers in Africa, the Muhammad Ali Institute offers pertinent training, research, and hands-on assistance in support of their interest in creating lasting and effective strategies for peace.
- International Center
- Our mission is to promote and enhance the University’s goals by creating a community that appreciates global interdependence. Our goals are to increase the number of international students at all academic levels; expand the number of students participating in study abroad programs; facilitate graduate student and faculty international research and travel; and provide quality services in support of these and other international initiatives.