2014 Disability Resource Center's Student of the Year Award
- Must be a student with a documented disability
- Must be currently enrolled at the University of Louisville for at least six credit hours
- Must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5
- May be an undergraduate or graduate student
- Must demonstrate self-advocacy skills/personal development
- Must have remaining eligibility due to unmet financial need
- Completed Application
- Personal essay
- In an essay of no more than three doubled space pages, tell us about yourself. Tell us about the field of study you are pursuing, and explain why you have chosen this field. Discuss any paid or volunteer work experience, and/or extra- curricular activities. Discuss the challenges you have encountered as a student and the role that self-advocacy has played in your academic success and personal achievement.
- All application materials must be received by Monday, March 31, 2014 at 5:00pm. Late applications will not be considered.
- Submit application and essay in person to 119 Stevenson Hall or by email to Cathy Patus at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- $300 award
- Recognition at the Student Awards Program on April 17, 2014