KY Cancer Program video contest
Theme – Colon Cancer Awareness and Prevention
This video creation contest challenges students to create a short video (1-2 minutes) that provides encouragement and/or suggestions for raising awareness of colon cancer and prevention methods. Videos must present accurate information to encourage people across Kentucky to schedule colon cancer screening and/or raise awareness of its causes, symptoms, and treatments (Access colon cancer information and images to use in your video here).
The top three selected entries will be featured in the Digital Media Showcase. Second and third place winners will receive Adobe items. The first place winner will receive a contract to work with the Kentucky Cancer Program to develop a full length multimedia project on colon cancer awareness and treatment that will play in medical offices across Kentucky.
Video Recording and Editing
The Digital Media Suite is available with high-quality studio recording equipment and trained staff support. Find out more about the Digital Media Suite.
We encourage you to use Adobe Premiere Rush or Premiere Pro for editing your video. It is available to you free as a UofL student as part of our Adobe Creative Campus initiative. Find out more about video editing with the Adobe Creative Cloud.
- The final video should be between 1 and 2 minutes in length.
- You are encouraged to include facts and other information as provided by the Kentucky Cancer Program. Access the KY Cancer Program resources here.
- All content of the video should be original/self-recorded or include evidence of legal permission to use, such as correct Creative Commons information.
Health and safety
- Videos must reflect the COVID-19 health and safety guidelines as described by the University of Louisville, local/state/national government.
- Please wear masks, practice safe social distancing, abide by all other recommended health and safety guidelines, and encourage similar behavior through these videos.
Ownership of video
- All submissions must include a completed entry form and signed image release statement.
- Submissions must be received by 5:00 pm Eastern time on Friday, March 26, 2021.
- Judging will begin after the submission deadline. Winners will be announced on Wednesday, March 31, 2021. Announcements will be made through the Student News email and the Digital Media Suite website.
Eligibility and Judging
All current students of the University of Louisville are eligible.
Videos will be considered for their sincerity, creativity, and innovation. Judges may disqualify any video that contains any of the following content:
- Racist, sexist, insulting, or other socially biased content
- Inaccurate or unsupported accusations against individuals or organizations
- Abusive, aggressive, slanderous, vulgar, or inappropriate content
- Content that demonstrates or encourages illegal, dangerous, or life-threatening behavior
- Commercial or other endorsements
- Copyrighted materials used without approval or correct licensing
By entering the contest, participants agree to abide by the rules and regulations.