Jesse H. Wright, M.D., Ph.D.
by khsaue01 — last modified Feb 06, 2009 03:13 PM
Director, UofL Depression Center
- M.D. from the Jefferson Medical College in 1969
- Ph.D. in Psychopharmacology from the University of Louisville in 1986
- Residency training from the University of Michigan completed in 1973
- Founding President of the Academy of Cognitive Therapy
- Author of the first multimedia program for computer-assisted psychotherapy
- Author of five books including the self-help guide for depression "Getting Your Life Back" (chosen by Self Magazine as one of the eight best self-help books)
- Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association and the American College of Psychiatrists
- Past President of the Kentucky Psychiatric Assocation.
- Treatment of mood and anxiety disorders
- Cognitive-behavior therapy
- Computer-assisted therapy