2012 Annual Conference Schedule
Public Presentation – Free to All Participants
“Understanding and Treating Posttraumatic Stress Syndrome.”
Barbara O. Rothbaum, PhD, Emory University.
Thursday, October 25, 2012
Registration and Reception at 5:30 PM
Presentation at 6:00 PM ‐ 7:00 PM
Located at the Clifton Center, 2117 Payne Street, Louisville, KY 40206
Friday, October 26, 2012 from 8:00 AM ‐ 4:30 PM
Location: The Clifton Center, 2117 Payne Street, Louisville, KY 40206
Register, Agenda and General Information (PDF)
- Describe evidence based methods for treatment of postaumatic stress disorder (PTSD) that can be used in clinical practice.
- Recognize key elements of CBT, pharmacotherapy, EMDR, and virtual reality exposure therapy for PTSD.
- Identify newer biological and psychotherapeutic strategies for mood disorders and anxiety disorders.
- Describe neuroimaging findings in patients with depression and distinguish the distinct brain changes associated with different anti-depressant treatments.
- Assess the potential utility of deep brain stimulation (DBS) as a future treatment option for depression.
- Describe key elements in accurate diagnosis and appropriate treatment of ADHD in children, adolescents, and adults.
- List major remedial risk factors for suicide and describe CBT methods for reducing suicide risk.
- Identify methods for effective use of atypical anti-psychotic medications in treatment of mood disorders.
- Recognize key family influences on the development and course of depression.