2009 Annual Conference Schedule
Mar 25, 2013 01:51 PM
Clifton Center, Louisville, Kentucky
October 8, 2009
||Registration and Reception
||Coping with Stress and Depression in Today’s World
Judith Beck, Ph.D.
- Learn practical methods of coping with stress.
- Describe effective methods for developing a positive thinking style and fighting depression.
||Questions and Answers
October 9, 2009
- Understand the latest genetic and neuroscience research avenues in bipolar disorder.
- Identify the latest pharmacological treatment pathways in bipolar disorder.
- List challenges and opportunities in using cognitive therapy for mood disorders.
- Engage and motivate patients who feel hopeless.
- Describe differences between treatment of depression in older adults and younger persons.
- Recognize key modifications in pharmacotherapy and psychotherapy for depression in older adults.
- Synthesize evidence-based psychopharmacologic and psychotherapeutic methods for mood disorders into optimal, individualized treatment.
- Utilize video, audio, multimedia, and computer-assisted technology to enhance therapy for mood and anxiety disorders.
- Describe effective cognitive and behavioral methods for achieving healthy dietary and exercise habits.
||Registration and Continental Breakfast
||An International Campaign Against Mood Disorders, Allan Tasman, M.D.
The Distant Horizon: Where is the Treatment of Bipolar Disorder Headed?, Paul Keck, M.D.
||Cognitive Therapy for Depression: Challenges and Opportunities, Judith Beck, Ph.D.
||Boomers and Beyond: Treating Depression in an Aging Population, David Casey, M.D.
|11:35 AM – 12 Noon
||Panel Discussion, Doctors Tasman, Keck, Beck, and Casey
|1 -2:30 PM
||Workshop I (See Schedule below; Participants choose one workshop for each time slot [1-2:30 PM and 2:50-4:20 PM])
| 4:30 PM
|| Conference adjourns
- Evidence-based Treatment of Bipolar Disorder: The Challenge of Synthesizing Pharmacotherapy and Psychotherapy, Paul E. Keck, Jr., M.D.
- Integrating Medical, Psychopharmacologic, and Psychosocial Approaches in Treating Mood Disorders in Older Adults: A Practicum., David Casey, M.D.
- Treating Depression in Children and Adolescents: CBT and Pharmacotherapy, Chris Peters, M.D., Bryan Carter, Ph.D.
| 2:50-4:20 PM
- A Cognitive Behavioral Approach to Weight Loss and Maintenance, Judith Beck, Ph.D.
- Using Technology in Treatment of Mood and Anxiety Disorders: Multimedia, Computer, and Virtual Reality Tools Have Arrived!, Jesse H. Wright, M.D., Ph.D.,
Virginia Evans, LCSW
- Dual Diagnosis Revisited: An Integrative Approach to Treating Comorbid Substance Abuse and Mood Disorders, Chris Stewart, M.D
ARCHIVE OF PAST LECTURES: