Application and Admission Procedures
Applicants must hold the DMD/DDS degree or the equivalent. To apply to the Graduate Periodontics Program, we prefer that you complete an application via the Postdoctoral Application Service (PASS) through the American Dental Association, which allows you to apply to more than one program at a time. If you prefer not to use PASS, please complete a and return it to:
Henry Greenwell, DMD, MSD
University of Louisville, School of Dentistry
501 S. Preston Street
Louisville, KY 40292
- Official transcripts of all previous college and dental school grades.
- Official report of National Board Scores.
- from three persons who are well acquainted with your professional work. One reference should be from an administrative officer (dean) of the dental school from which you graduated and MUST include your class rank and grade-point average. At least one reference should be from a periodontist.
- Photograph. A recent color or black and white photograph of yourself (optional).
- Application Fee. A twenty-five dollar ($25.00) non-refundable fee. Make the check or money order payable to the Department of Oral Health and Rehabilitation, University of Louisville.
- The application and all supporting documents should be submitted by September 1 prior to the year you wish to enter.
- Official Course-by-Course Evaluation Report from ECE (Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.), P. O. Box 514070, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53203-3470-USA - http://www.ece.org.
- National Board scores are preferred but not required. If there is an equivalent exam from the country of origin, that may be acceptable.
- Official report of TOEFL examination results.
All applicants for whom English is a second language must take the iBT TOEFL examination to provide evidence of proficiency in written and spoken English. Applications for the examination may be obtained from:
Test of English as a Foreign Language
Education Testing Service
Princeton, NJ 08540