- Efforts should be made to prevent trauma. Mouth guards and helmets are very important.
- Hard and soft tissue should be examined after trauma.
- Loose, displaced or fractured teeth should be treated by a dentist ASAP. This can be done at the ULSD Pediatric Dental Clinic (852-5642) during business hours or at Kosair Children’s Hosptial Emergency Department after hours.
- Great care should be taken with children that lose consciousness after a dental trauma. Go to the closest emergency dept ASAP.
- Permanent teeth that are knocked out of the socket should be found and re-implanted into the socket or placed in milk and brought to the ULSD Pediatric Dental Clinic or Kosair Emergency Room immediately.