Name: Wei-Shao Lin
Title: Assistant Professor
Current Position: Discipline coordinator and course director for the clinical fixed prosthodontics
Fax: (502) 852-1220
- 2009 - 2010 Surgical implant fellowship, University of Rochester, NY
- 2006 - 2009 Prosthodontic Residency, University of Rochester, NY
- 2003 - 2006 General Private practitioner, Taiwan
- 2003 - Chung-Shan Medical University, Taiwan DDS
Faculty Practice Location:
U of L Healthcare Outpatient Center 401 East Chestnut, Suite 550 Louisville, KY 40202 (502) 852-5401
Current research projects: Clinical dental implant research; Dental all-ceramic restoration systems; Resin cement systems; Mechanical properties of Titanium.
- Course Director: Advanced concepts in Dentistry II
- Course Director: Clinical Fixed Prosthodontics (Junior and Senior)
- Course Faculty Member: Advanced Concepts in Dentistry I
- Course Faculty Member: Introduction to Indirect Restorations Lecture/ Laboratory
- Course Faculty Member: Removable Partial Dentures Lecture/Laboratory
- Course Faculty Member: Preclinical Fixed Prosthodontics Lecture/Laboratory
- Course Faculty Member: Preclinical Complete Dentures Lecture/Laboratory
- Course Faculty Member: Esthetic Dentistry
- Member, ITI International team of Implantology
- Member, American Dental Education Association
- Member, American Dental Association, Standards Committee on Dental Products
Honors and Awards:
- Bibby Research Award, American Association of Dental Research, Rochester Section, 2010
- Tylman Award from the American Academy of Fixed Prosthodontics, 2009
Support Staff: Linda Klump
- Influence of Dynamic Loading and Different Adhesive Systems on the Microleakage in Root Canals. Özdemir E, Erkut S, Gulsahi K, Lin WS, Orucoglu H. Journal of Adhesion Science and Technology, Available online:16 May 2012
- The effect of core material, veneering porcelain and fabrication technique on the biaxial flexural strength of selected dental ceramics. Lin WS, Ercoli C, Feng C, Morton D. J Prosthodont. 2012 Mar 29 epub.
- A three-appointment alternative treatment protocol for fabricating an implant-supported milled bar overdenture. Lin WS, Ozdemir E, Morton D. J Prosthet Dent. 2012;107:75-9.
- Trial insertion procedure for milled lithium disilicate restorations in the precrystallized state. Lin WS, Harris BT, Morton D. J Prosthet Dent. 2012;107:59-62.
- Management of interproximal soft tissue with a resin-bonded prosthesis after immediate implant placement: A clinical report. Ozdemir E, Lin WS, Erkut S. J Prosthet Dent. 2012;107:7-10.
- A technique for indirect fabrication of an implant-supported, screw-retained, fixed provisional restoration in the esthetic zone. Lin WS, Ercoli C. J Prosthet Dent. 2009;102:393-6.
- Oral rehabilitation of bruxism patient with cluster implant failures in the edentulous maxilla: a clinical report. Lin WS, Ercoli C, Lowenguth R, Yerke LM, Morton D. (Accepted in the Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry; expected in print 2012 July)
- Evaluation of Resin Tag Formations In Endodontically Treated Teeth. Özdemir E, Lin WS. (Accepted in Journal of Dental Sciences)