Lower Division Transfer Students Application
- Students wishing to be admitted to the lower division should use the UofL undergraduate admissions form and specify dental hygiene Lower Division as their desired major.
Transfer students who have completed all prerequisites prior to the August fall semester start date should apply to the Upper Division.
Admission to the Upper Division is competitive with only 30 positions in each class. Students selected for the Upper Division continue their education by entering the dental hygiene professional phase.
Students wishing to be admitted to the dental hygiene Upper Division should complete the following steps:
- If new to U of L, submit a University of Louisville Undergraduate Application.
- Submit a Dental Hygiene Professional Application (Word)*
- Return the DH Professional Application to the Student Affairs Office in the School of Dentistry along with the following documents:
- Statement of 12 hours of dental work experience/observation
- Three letters of recommendation
- A 150 word personal statement stating why you wish to become a member of the dental hygiene profession.
- Upper Division application deadline is February 1. Students are admitted to the Upper Division in the Fall term only
*Please note, the professional application is a web-formatted Microsoft Word document. You may either complete the form on the computer and print it out, or print the form and complete it by hand.