Requirements to Apply for the Advanced Placement Option – submit the following to CAAPID
English Language Proficiency
- Must be proficient in the English language
- Applicants whose native language is not English are required to take the TOEFL (preferred) or IELTS (unless they have graduated from a U.S. High School and/or completed at least 90 hours of college credits in the U.S.)
- Internet-based TOEFL (iBT) scores - preference given to scores at or above 100 total and 26 in speaking and listening OR IELTS - preference given to scores at or above 7.5
National Board Dental Examination Requirements
- Program requires passing of NBDE Part I to be considered for admission
- Submit Part I National Board Dental Examination scores to CAAPID
- Application eligibility requires a minimum score of 75 on Part I or “pass” if no numerical score is issued
- Short essay describing why you desire to enter the DMD program
Letters of Evaluation
- Two letters of evaluation required (one professional and one from the senior administrator or dean of applicant’s dental school), written within one year of the application- submit to only to CAAPID
Transcripts and Evaluations
- Applicant must submit to CAAPID a detailed evaluation by Educational Credentials Evaluators, Inc. (ECE)
- Pay $65 application fee to program online only AFTER requested to do so by program – do NOT send payments to ULSD.
- Only applications that are complete (with ALL of theULSD requirements listed above fulfilled) by the application deadline of June 15 will be considered by the Admissions Committee.
- Applicants- please DO NOT submit original documents to ULSD. Only admitted students are required to submit original documents directly to ULSD.