A baccalaureate degree in dental hygiene will expand the hygienist’s personal and professional growth, opening the door to opportunities in:
- Administration and management
- Patient care, including select populations such as senior citizens, children and patients with special needs
- Public health
- Corporate sales
As licensed health-care professionals, dental hygienists provide a wide range of preventive and therapeutic dental services:
- Examining teeth and gums
- Removing stain and plaque
- Applying fluoride and sealants that protect teeth and prevent decay
- Bleaching discolored teeth
- Taking dental x-rays
- Teaching oral hygiene
Dental hygiene is expected to be one of the fastest growing occupations through the year 2012.
More information on this program can be found in the U of L Undergraduate Catalog.