Tenure and Time Management
Are you a faculty member who finds balancing your research, work, and family a challenge? Have you felt unprepared in the transition to a faculty career on managing research and the tenure process? Are you questioning if the academic path is right for you?
Please join us for this important conversation.
September 13, 2019, 9 a.m. – noon
Registration: 8:30 - 9 a.m.
SAC Room 116/117
Dr. Joy Gayles, The National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity
These are all normal feelings for those transitioning from graduate school into a faculty position, therefore we invite you to join us at the Tenure and Time Management Workshop. The National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity is offering a half-day workshop that will give you the opportunity to network and manage your time more effectively.
In this workshop, participants will learn:
- The common time challenges academics face
- How to avoid the most common mistakes new faculty make in managing their time
- Why and how to align work time with institutional and personal priorities
- How to create time for academic writing and research
- How to organize a network
- Department of Educational Leadership, Evaluation, and Organizational Development
- Commission on the Status of Women
- Delphi Center for Teaching and Learning