Tenure and Time Management
Is balancing your research, work, and family becoming difficult? Do you feel unprepared in the transition from graduate school to faculty? Are you questioning if the academic path is right for you?
September 13, 2019, 9 a.m. – noon
TILL Classroom, 3rd Floor, Ekstrom Library
Dr. Joy Gales, The National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity
These are all normal feelings for those transitioning from graduate school into a faculty position, therefore we invite you to join us at the Tenure and Time Management Workshop. The National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity is offering a half-day workshop that will give you the opportunity to network and manage your time more effectively.
In this workshop, participants will learn:
- The common time challenges academics face
- How to avoid the most common mistakes new faculty make in managing their time
- Why and how to align work time with institutional and personal priorities
- How to create time for academic writing and research
- How to organize a network